Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

barney26

Issues publishing to Power BI Service

Hi,

I have a report that I created in PBI Desktop, have published to PBI Service & has been used by myself & colleagues since for a few weeks now

I made some changes this morning which I would like to publish so they are available for all in PBI Service but am getting the below error when I try to publish

"An error occured while attempting to publish 'File Name.pbix': The underlying connection was closed: A connection that was expected to be kept alive was closed by the server."

Does anyone know how I can resolve this? It was working fine yesterday

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barney26 ,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update to the latest version 2.66.5376.2161 then test again. 

You can also go to Power BI service in browser, open the target workspace which you would like the report published to, click on Get Data -> Files to publish the report, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

barney26

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I've downloaded the new version, it's working now, thanks! & thanks for the note about being able to publish in Power BI service, I wasn't aware of that function!

Kind regards 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
barney26

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

It is thanks, please close the thread

Kind regards Smiley Happy

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barney26 ,

As the issue is resolved now, may I close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
barney26

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

I've downloaded the new version, it's working now, thanks! & thanks for the note about being able to publish in Power BI service, I wasn't aware of that function!

Kind regards 🙂

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @barney26 ,

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update to the latest version 2.66.5376.2161 then test again. 

You can also go to Power BI service in browser, open the target workspace which you would like the report published to, click on Get Data -> Files to publish the report, check if the same issue occurs. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

@v-qiuyu-msft 

I just encountered the same issue:

Untitled.png

You guys do like to suggest to get the new version as a solution :). It's becoming the new 'have you tried to turn it off and on again'. 

My situation, 30 minutes ago I published this file without any problem. This morning as well as yesterday. But now suddenly it says, "meh, do it yourself". At writing of the post I tried again and all seems to be working fine again. Is it Power BI Service that lost connection to Desktop or something? 

(correction, this try failed as well)

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Just received the update to the July version, still same issue. Doesn't feels like a Desktop issue here. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.