Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MaxItaly
Helper III
Helper III

Issues displaying numeric values from SSAS Cube DirectQuery (cannot select mean, max, min, ecc.)

Hello everyone!
I am currently having an issue with Analysis Service.
It's my first time working with Analysis Service, so maybe it's just me not understanding correctly what I am able to do with it.

I have created and deployed a cube using Visual Studio and I used Power BI in direct query mode to connect to it.
I can see the measures and dimensions I created, but I am being very limitated to what I can do in the reports.

As shown in the screenshot below, for example, I cannot create a visual object and use a function of a column with numeric values (mean, max, min, ecc.).

Screenshot_1.png

My question is: is it possible to use those functions using SSAS in Direct Query and/or import mode, just like in the screenshot below?

Screenshot_2.png

I am not very used to cubes too, so maybe I did something wrong earlier. I'd like to know if someone managed to achieve what I mean to do.

Many thanks to anyone who can give me an opinon about it!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaxItaly,

In your first screenshot, the value you drag into the card visual is a measure, it doesn't need any aggregate function. Based on my test, the field instead of measure can't be set with aggregate function in SSAS cube live connection. You can vote on these two ideas:

Aggregation Options (Mean, Median, SD, VAR) for Live Connections (SSAS)

Calculated measures when live connected to MDX cubes

You can connect to SSAS cube in Import mode to select desired measure and dimension to get new table in the desktop, then you can use the aggregate function when you drag any column into the card visual.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MaxItaly,

In your first screenshot, the value you drag into the card visual is a measure, it doesn't need any aggregate function. Based on my test, the field instead of measure can't be set with aggregate function in SSAS cube live connection. You can vote on these two ideas:

Aggregation Options (Mean, Median, SD, VAR) for Live Connections (SSAS)

Calculated measures when live connected to MDX cubes

You can connect to SSAS cube in Import mode to select desired measure and dimension to get new table in the desktop, then you can use the aggregate function when you drag any column into the card visual.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I really hoped I was doing something wrong, this is very, very, impractical.

Thanks for you contribution. I really hope I won't have to use live connection and ssas.

And many thanks for showing me those two ideas, they immediatly had my vote!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.