Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

matt_s
Frequent Visitor

Issues displaying Year and Months in chart

Hi,

I have a column called Month that is formated as Date/Time, Format: 2001-03(yyyy-MM). It looks correct in the model. I have a line chart where I would like to have both Month and Year visible, since I have data spanning more than one year. 

The problem is that my chart can only display Year OR Month. If I select both Year and Month in the date hierarchy, I only get Year displayed in the chart. Any ideas? 

Date hierarchy:

Capture1.JPG

Model:

Capture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
matt_s
Frequent Visitor

Ahh, obvisoluy missed that if you have a date hierarchy you have to drill down in the chart if you want to see both year and month....

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hey @matt_s ,

Please select your Date columna and check the name of your Date column like below screen shot.

Capture.JPG

Please give Thumps up for support and mark it as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard
matt_s
Frequent Visitor

I found one way to solve this by created a calculated column storing the date values as text. But I'm having a hard time understanding that this should not work with a date column?

Year-Month = [Month].[Year] &"-"&FORMAT([Month].[MonthNo];"00")

matt_s
Frequent Visitor

Ahh, obvisoluy missed that if you have a date hierarchy you have to drill down in the chart if you want to see both year and month....

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.