Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jpablodibs

Issues Publishing Reports and Databases

Hi, 
I have been having issues with publishing reports.  Before a 200mb pbix was published in about 5 minutes. Now it is taking me ages to do it.  I am a pro user and I have tried several things:

• On a new pc
  • Changing the report name 
  • Loging off and loging back in
  • Downloading a clean pbix and uploading again
  • Uploading from the web app in the "Get Data" section.
  • I tried old reports that worked perfectly before.
  • I just can't upload reports!
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 14.29.48.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-10-05 at 14.30.31.png

Please help, thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@jpablodibs 
Yeah, first try update the Desktop version. If still occurring, did you try use the publish to service function in PBI Desktop? And what do you mean you can't? What is the error message or just stuck in importing phase?

Regards
Paul

Actually I was going to say that there was a significant bug in the August 2020 version - I am currently still running July 2020.

I have yet to test the september 2020 version which I hope fixes the previous issues.

I think if you are running August 2020, rollback to July 2020 and see if that fixes your issues OR try the latest and greatest September version.

PS - report back on how you go

Cheers

@V-pazhen-msft  - do you know if the previously described bugs were fixed in the September 2020 version?
there were many people, including myself, who were having issues opening pbix files and in processing calculated tables.

Patto
Helper II
Helper II

Hi

What version of power bi desktop are you using?

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.