Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AjithTravvise
Helper II
Helper II

Issue with running total when last day data is not available

I have an issue with sum calaculation, when a data is not avaiable for the last day it returns blank. When a Country in country/ Region column does not return a value it shows blank, I wanted the system to shown the last data available. In the below example if i filter by United State the TOTAL TEST should return 6231182.   Currently it returns blank

Running total.png  

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

It's really tough to tell what is going on here or create a test for this. Sample data as text/table, expected output. Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

The issues is as below:

- I have a measure called"TEST COMPLETED" which is the sum filted by date with the MAX value. 

- The issue is that United States "TOTAL_TESTS"value for the last date is blank, so in report when i filter by contry "UNITED STATES" it shows blank. 

- If the latest date is blank I wante dthe previous days figure to be shown.Report.jpg

I hope  I am clear with my request, appreciated your help

Hi @AjithTravvise 

Kindly try below measure:

Measure 3 = SUMX(FILTER('Table',[Date]=MAX('Table'[Date])),[total_test])

If you'd like to get the previous data when currently is blank, you should try something like this :

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Fill-blanks-with-previous-value/td-p/492501 

If abovenot help, you might consider creating pbix file that will contain some sample data (remove the confidential info), upload the pbix to onedrive for business and share the link to the file. Please do not forget to describe the expected results based on this sample data.

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.