Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aTChris
Resolver I
Resolver I

Issue with row height in matrix

Im having a really strange issue. I have a matrix with mostly numerical data points but there are two columns with text. One of these columns is a comment which has a variable amount of characters. The matrix was set with word wrap disabled but the most recent dataset includes comments which are being trimmed. I, therefore, enabled word wrap.

The issue is that all rows are now three lines in height. Row Padding is set to 0 and I've just read that line breaks are removed from carriage returns on data import. I can't work out what is causing the matrix to expand all rows to such a height.

Any ideas.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Pragati11 

I've figured out the cause of the issue, there is no solution.

I have added an index column to allow me to order by index, this allows me to show the data as per the data source and not as power bi wants to. The trick I use is to hide the col by making the width near 0 but that only works with word wrap off. When I enable it to show the comments the index col then goes three lines in height.

So I cant order by index and have word wrap enabled.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @aTChris ,

It will be easier to answer you question if you share some screenshots or .pbix file.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 

I have to obfuscate the data, below is word wrap off, then on. Row Padding = 0. I can't find any reason why it's adding the extra space and on all rows, not just the rows that need to wrap text.

wrapwrapoff.png

wrapwrapon.png

@Pragati11 

I've figured out the cause of the issue, there is no solution.

I have added an index column to allow me to order by index, this allows me to show the data as per the data source and not as power bi wants to. The trick I use is to hide the col by making the width near 0 but that only works with word wrap off. When I enable it to show the comments the index col then goes three lines in height.

So I cant order by index and have word wrap enabled.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.