Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paulinefrey

Issue with relationships

Hi All, 

Apologies if the question has already been asked and solved, but I'm fairly new to Power BI and when it gets too technical I just don't understand the answer so thought I'd rather post it again with my specific issue! 

So I somehow manage to create a dashboard to display revenue achievements from our CRM database (OData). Our CRM does not deal with target per consultants, so I had to create a spreadsheet that where we can input the monhtly target per consultant. 

After testing many displays, this is how I organised my spreadsheet: 1 column for username, 1 column for the date, and the last one with monthly target, as per below:

Target - Power BI.jpg

Here is what I want to achieve:

Month - Power BI.jpg

Create a graph that shows monthly achievements taken from our CRM data (which works); and show the line that should be the target we needed to achieve initially, taken from my spreadsheet. I manually set up a filter so that it shows the target in 'this month' otherwise it would show me the yearly one. 

I think the issue comes from the fact that I can't associate my sheet's columns to the CRM ones. I tried to manage relationships manually and it automatically picks up the username as being the same one from the CRM, but when I want to link the target month with the date the deal has been created on, I get the below error:

Relationship error - Power BI.jpg

I read something on the forum talking about a measure with userelationship or something but didn't really understand how that works and what I should do really... If someone could please advise?

Many thanks in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @paulinefrey,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @paulinefrey,

If you just want to calculate the values in a measure, you can create an inactive relationship and use the function USERELATIONSHIP

If you want to use the fields (columns) in a visualization, I would suggest you check the relationship again. There could be a loop somewhere. Please refer to #adjusting-cross-filter-direction-for-a-complex-set-of-tables-and-relationships.

candmrel_crossfilterwithloops

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.