Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

M4nS2211

Issue with relationships between 3 tables

Hello,

I have an issue with relationships between 3 tables (Table 1 > *---1 > Table 2 > 1---* > Table 3)

When I combine Table 1 & Table 2 or Table 2 & Table 3 in a visuel it works but I can't add fields from Table 1 & Table 2 & Table 3 in the same visual.

M4nS2211_0-1626171024162.png

My Key (Id_Espece) is well unique in Table 2. I try it in SQL and it works perfectly.

M4nS2211_1-1626171230556.png

Give me headache.... Do you have any suggestion for me, to retrieve some hope ? Please help 😄 Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
M4nS2211

Seems to be the same issue than this topic : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Problem-aggregating-across-many-to-many-link-table-in-Power-...

Current limitation in Power BI... So I add a measure (count distinct on my Key) on the Table 1 and I will add it each time I need to have a visual with fields from my 3 tables. Very ugly but I need it now ! Hope it'll be resolved in nexts updates...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
M4nS2211

Seems to be the same issue than this topic : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Problem-aggregating-across-many-to-many-link-table-in-Power-...

Current limitation in Power BI... So I add a measure (count distinct on my Key) on the Table 1 and I will add it each time I need to have a visual with fields from my 3 tables. Very ugly but I need it now ! Hope it'll be resolved in nexts updates...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@M4nS2211 , You can not have ungrouped columns/not summarized from both Table1/Table3 (Many side). Use aggregation like min/max on any one of the table columns, that should work.

Thanks @amitchandak  ! It works fine. But I'm not satisfied by this behavior. Do you understand why we need to do that ? In SQL I dont' have to summarize any columns to have the good results.

The dataset is for non technical users and the understanding of this manipulation will not be easy...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.