Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

webportal
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Issue with personal data gateway

I've installed a personal data gateway on my laptop, the installation process went ok without any issues.

Now I've published a Power BI desktop file to Power BI service. In order to keep it refreshed, I clicked on "Shedule refresh", but I see the message:

Capturar2.PNG

Basically, it says the gateway is offline, which is inconsistent with the message I get in the gateway itself:

Capturar.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @webportal,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannor reproduce this issue. A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Here is a document about troubleshoot personal gateway, please refer to the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello,

I've switched it on and off a few times, and now it is working Ok.

Personal data gateways are available for pro license users only, right?

Hi @webportal,

Yes, Personal data gateways are available for pro user.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-personal-gateway/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.