cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_MAS
Frequent Visitor

Issue with multiple datasets on line and clustered column chart.

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this - which I think will be a simple fix that's not occurring to me as a newbie.

I have 3 seperate datasets consisting of:

1. Volumes for previous Fin. year (apr-17 - mar-18)

2. Forecast volumes for current fin year (apr-18 - mar-19)

3. Volumes for current fin year to doate (Currently April-18 only).

What I want is to add these values to a clustered column and line chart so that no.2 is listed as a line, with the other 2 as bars.

This is so as to compare current performance against expectations (forecast) and previous years performance.

The issues I'm having are as follows:

By creating a seperate date table in query editor I've managed to get the axis displaying the full range of 2 years (Apr-17 - Mar-19) but only the forecast item (2. above) is showing in the chart correctly.

Item 3. above is showing as one repeating value all acrosss year 18-19 rather than just assigned to April

Item 1. above is only appearing correctly if shown as either line or chart on it's own (wihtout 2 &/or 3) and if the matching Date dataset is applied.

I'm pretty sure this may have somethign to do with relations ships in the date-table buty would appreciate advise on the best method to achieve what I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

D

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@david_MAS,

You may take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Power BI December 2021 Update_carousel 768x460.jpg

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the December 2021 Updates!

Jan 2022 Dev Camp 768x460 copy.png

Power BI Dev Camp- January 27th, 2022

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors