Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

david_MAS
Frequent Visitor

Issue with multiple datasets on line and clustered column chart.

Hi,

Hoping someone can help with this - which I think will be a simple fix that's not occurring to me as a newbie.

I have 3 seperate datasets consisting of:

1. Volumes for previous Fin. year (apr-17 - mar-18)

2. Forecast volumes for current fin year (apr-18 - mar-19)

3. Volumes for current fin year to doate (Currently April-18 only).

What I want is to add these values to a clustered column and line chart so that no.2 is listed as a line, with the other 2 as bars.

This is so as to compare current performance against expectations (forecast) and previous years performance.

The issues I'm having are as follows:

By creating a seperate date table in query editor I've managed to get the axis displaying the full range of 2 years (Apr-17 - Mar-19) but only the forecast item (2. above) is showing in the chart correctly.

Item 3. above is showing as one repeating value all acrosss year 18-19 rather than just assigned to April

Item 1. above is only appearing correctly if shown as either line or chart on it's own (wihtout 2 &/or 3) and if the matching Date dataset is applied.

I'm pretty sure this may have somethign to do with relations ships in the date-table buty would appreciate advise on the best method to achieve what I mentioned above.

Thanks in advance.

D

1 REPLY 1
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@david_MAS,

You may take a good look at this discussion.

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Relational-Date-Filter-By-Other-Date-How-To/td-p/298373

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.