Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with measures

So I am trying to estimate the time(in hours) of an assembly based on past averages. I am also trying to calculate the estimated division of hours based on past averages for each department of the company, ie each step the assembly went through during production.

I created 4 measures:

1. Total Hours for Assembly. I was trying to calculate the total hours. (Resource is the department during production). 

2. Average Assembly in Percent. I was trying to calculate the average times in the past so I can estimate times in the future. I divided the hours per resource by the total hours to get a decimal.

2.PNG

3. Estimated Hours. I was trying to calculate the estimated times for future assemblies, so I multiplied how many units haven't been built(left to ship) by the time per unit.

3.PNG

4. Estimated Division of Hours. I multiplied the past assembly averages by the estimated hours, to get the estimated hours for each resource during production.

4.PNG

But when I make a table, for some assemblies, there are blank spaces in the estimated division of hours (as seen in the pic below). And when I manually calculate the estimated division of hours (past average percents * estimated hours for assembly) I do not get these numbers. I am not sure what is wrong and why some assemblies work, but not all. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

5.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

As I was recreating the problem to post a sample doc, I realized that the original data was messed up. So I restarted and now it works!

Thanks anyways!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Ideally Multiplication should be Sum(A*B), But as we can not do that across the table we need to make sure it happens across a common context.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

As I was recreating the problem to post a sample doc, I realized that the original data was messed up. So I restarted and now it works!

Thanks anyways!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.