Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with locating places on map using Postal Code.

I have an issue  with locating places on map using Postal Code. I followed following step to resolved it but didn't work.

1. select category "Country/Region for your country field and set category "Postal code" for your postal code field
  2. on Map visual, drop Country and Postal field as shown below
  3. country1.PNG
  4. Click Hierarchary drill down button and you will see your data in correct country/postal area 

Here is my sample data:

Total Consumer  Postal code    Country

53                     0901              Norway

I followed step 1 and 2 as mentioned but when I drill down it shows location of Mozambique insted of Norway.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In my opinion, I think postal code '0901' is too short to accurately locate. (there are other places who has the similar postal code, they will also affect the locate)

I'd like to suggest you to use a calculated column who contains detail address information to help map visual to accurate the location.

For example:

Place = [Postal Code]&","&[Country] 

4.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In my opinion, I think postal code '0901' is too short to accurately locate. (there are other places who has the similar postal code, they will also affect the locate)

I'd like to suggest you to use a calculated column who contains detail address information to help map visual to accurate the location.

For example:

Place = [Postal Code]&","&[Country] 

4.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Xiaoxin,

It works perfectly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors