Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JessicaHalim
Frequent Visitor

Issue with filter after uploading April 2018 data

Hello,

I had issue with April data in my visualizations. Normally when I update the data every month, all the information will be link and all slicer or report level filters works for everything. Example below when I filter March 2018:image.png

Or if I click any in the chart, my treemap will change accordingly. Example below:image.png

However, since I uploaded April 2018 data, I have issue. If I choose April 2018 in the report level filters, All I get blank page. If I have no filter, all value appear in the bar charts, including April. image.png

When there is no report level filter and I choose April data from chart, I got blank treemap, as below:

image.png

If I choose April in the "Cal. Month" slicer, again I will get blank, but other month seems ok. 

Interestingly, if I choose any of the product from tree map, it will filter the stacked chart fine, including April 2018. Below when I chose Apple, and all chart filtered to Apple.

image.png

At once, I thought this could be related with day light savings, I tried re-upload all the data from scratch, tried to build the power BI from scratch, still face the same issue. 

Interstingly, if I go to edit query and filter the data only April in the back end, I can see treemap. As below. Then will go to blank if I chose anything in the chart. And if click the slicer box of cal month April, I got blank in treemap. 

image.png

I noticed if I filter the back end query, there is a differences between label of the x axis, April has date, month, and 1 am as time. Where as other month only displaying month and year. Example other month:image.png

April:

image.png

I also tried play around with data/time/timezone format, with the regional settings, still doesnt work. 

Could anyone please please help?

Thank you so much.

Kind regards,

Jessica 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JessicaHalim
Frequent Visitor

Did another investigation of this issue with our IT team. Found that for whatever reasons, the latest version of Power BI installed in my Laptop could be the issue. Therefore, we uninstalled the latest version and re install version 2.50.4859.782 64-bit (September 2017, then issue went away. 

Thank you,
Jessica

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JessicaHalim
Frequent Visitor

Did another investigation of this issue with our IT team. Found that for whatever reasons, the latest version of Power BI installed in my Laptop could be the issue. Therefore, we uninstalled the latest version and re install version 2.50.4859.782 64-bit (September 2017, then issue went away. 

Thank you,
Jessica

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@JessicaHalim,

Based on the above. you may check Limitations and considerations.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We have a very similiar problem with the March release of the Power BI Report Server desktop client: selecting April 2018 on a month-based slicer returns no data, even though selecting March or May behaves correctly. Selecting October 2017 also fails, which makes me suspect something to do with daylight saving time changes. I've read the article you linked to - how is it relevant, as we are not using a relative date range slicer? This feels more like a bug in the Power BI desktop client.

Hi kendalllister,

Thank you for your comment. Good point, I have been using the old version since then and havent updated my power BI desktop. I am afraid my problem come back with new version. Will give it a go I supposed and hope the bug fixed.

Thank you,

Jessica

Thanks Sam @v-chuncz-msft for the feedback. I tried to choose Date/Time/Timezone in the edit query still find the problem.

Interestingly enough, I open this report using other Laptop and it works perfectly fine. Therefore, it could be my setting is not quite right but struggle to understand what it is.

Thank you,
Jessica

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.