Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SIITKD
Regular Visitor

Issue with filled map not showing correctly

I am trying to display individual postcodes (UK Format) against the 17 distictinct sectors that they are categorized against, so that the map displays all 17 sectors in deifferent colours.  When the map displays it only seems to be picking up  the sectors against partial postcodes, ie KY3 0, instead of the full postcode, ie KY3 0SY (This can be seen when hovering over it as per the 1st Pic.  I dont think this is a data issue as If I use the ordinary map it shows the individual postcodes correctly 2nd Pic.

The dataset is from an excel spreadsheet and is basically a list of Postcodes against Sectors and all are categorized as Postal Code.  

Any help much appreciated.Postcode Sample.PNGPostcode Sample 2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi yes, the data is categorised correctly as Postal Code.  I think that the filled map may not be quite granular enough to plot at the required level of detail.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@SIITKD ,

Have you changed the data category into "Postal Code"?

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi yes, the data is categorised correctly as Postal Code.  I think that the filled map may not be quite granular enough to plot at the required level of detail.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.