cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Millser

Issue with displaying my measure in a table or a Text enhancer

Hi I am farely new to PowerBi and I am currently working on a dash board visual that shoudl allow the viewer to see a weekly goal that is input into the list data base the weekly goal is filtered byt the following measure that I am using:

Current Literacy = COALESCE(CALCULATE(
VALUES('Scope (2)'[Comment Description]),
FILTER(
'Scope (2)',
'Scope (2)'[Term] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date/Time'[Term Number]) && 'Scope (2)'[Week] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date/Time'[Term Week Number]))),
"No focus statement current available.")

The issue that I am having is that when I go to apply this measure to the Text Enhancer or a regular table it displays an error stating that it "Cannot display this visual". I have a feeling that the reason may be because the measure is formatting the data as a whole number hower when I go to change this in teh section on the tool bar it won't allow me to change it to text I was just wondering if maybe there is an issue with my statement or there is a way for my measure to be formatted as text?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Millser 

To my knowledge, we cannot change a measure's data type but its format. According to your measure and description, the result of this measure should be Text. I created a sample based on your description and the measure works well. You could check it from the attached pbix. 

072602.jpg

If you still have this issue, can you show a screenshot of this problem or provide your pbix file after removing sensitive information?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Millser 

To my knowledge, we cannot change a measure's data type but its format. According to your measure and description, the result of this measure should be Text. I created a sample based on your description and the measure works well. You could check it from the attached pbix. 

072602.jpg

If you still have this issue, can you show a screenshot of this problem or provide your pbix file after removing sensitive information?

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

View solution in original post

amitchandak
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Millser , try like

Current Literacy = COALESCE(CALCULATE(
max('Scope (2)'[Comment Description]),
FILTER(
'Scope (2)',
'Scope (2)'[Term] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date/Time'[Term Number]) && 'Scope (2)'[Week] = SELECTEDVALUE('Date/Time'[Term Week Number]))),
"No focus statement current available.")

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Still not displaying anything, tried to display it as a table and as a Text Enhancer, still same error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Kudoed Authors