Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with display

On the report view page, my visuals and fields pane cannot be fully displayedimage.png.

The white spcae is not fully enlarges as well. i have played with the view fumvtion many times but to no avial.

PLease help.

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Does it slove your problem?

If not, please let me know.

Otherwise, could you accept this as a solution so others may refer to it?

Best Regards

Maggie

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

It is not clear what results in this strange display.

There are some probabilities and solutions you may try.

Please check if you use the lastest version,

if not, please download the lastest version of Power BI Desktop from this page.

Please check your display settings, please use recommended setting as suggested in this article

• Display: At least 1440x900 or 1600x900 (16:9) recommended. Lower resolutions such as 1024x768 or 1280x800 are not recommended, as certain controls (such as closing the startup screen) display beyond those resolutions.
  • Windows Display settings: If your display settings are set to change the size of text, apps, and other items to more than 100%, you may not be able to see certain dialogs that must be closed or responded to in order to proceed using Power BI Desktop. If you encounter this issue, check your Display settings by going to Settings > System > Display in Windows, and use the slider to return display settings to 100%.

If you are using multiple monitors, Please refer to the workaround in this thread: 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Power-BI-Desktop-rendering-problems-with-multiple-monitors/i...

In certain circumstances, including certain screen resolution configurations, some users may see Power BI Desktop render content with large black areas. This is generally a result of recent operating system updates that affect how items are rendered, rather than a direct result of how Power BI Desktop presents content. Regardless, large black areas are not as compelling as great visuals, so to address this issue, take the following steps:

1. Press the Start key and type the world blurry into the search bar that appears.
  2. In the dialog that appears, select the option: Let Windows fix apps that are blurry.
  3. Restart Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards

Maggie

@Anonymous I had this issue with my other computer when I first got it, it appeared to be revolve around my display settings. Try toggling the display settings zoom and resolution and you should find the setting where this doesn't occur. I can only guess at the problem as it was only on one computer, so best guess is a certain video card or driver...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.