Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with data

I'm facing an issue with my report. Everytime that I refresh the report, I got different values, and I don't know why.. I'm importing data from a SQL server and Excel.

No one is editing the values in both datasources.

I'm using the last update.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

See first refreshing is doesn't matter. It will show the visuals once all refresh done.

Anyhow try this one . sometime it will help u

1.JPG

right click on table and do refresh

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi, 

Can u confirm me if u getting the dimension for these two chart from same table .

if no pls share ur model structure .

i think the prob in relationship.

Anonymous
Not applicable

issue.JPGissue1.JPG

I've 2 dimensions with data "Mapa_Margens_SAC" (SQL Server) and "Plano" (Excel). I merged both dimensions in one "QTD vs Plano vs Mg"

I'm only using queries in both charts/data labels from QTD vs Plano vs Mg

I guess, if I open in editing mode and refresh 1st the Plano, 2nd Mapa_Margens_SAC, and then QTD vs Plano vs Mg, the values are showing corretly. Any way to setup the order refresh for dimensions? 

In Power BI Desktop we can refresh all at a time .

In Power BI Services we can schedule the report using gateway.

I think your prob is Order of refresh delay. 

@Baskar if one report has mutliple data source, in power bi service, you don't set seperate schedule to refresh each data source. In other works, refresh schedule is applied to all the data sources in a dataset. 

Not sure if there is any issue, may be backend data source are getting updated at different times and that is creating the issue.

@Anonymous can you provide more information at what time your both data sources are getting updated.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k At this moment I'm testing the reports. I'm using the Refresh button at the ribbon menu.

Then i am sure u have to check with your source dude.

did u use like connection or Import mode ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar Import mode. The issue is using Refresh option in the ribbon menu. Refreshing in the editor mode firstly excel and then Sql data, works like a sharme.

See first refreshing is doesn't matter. It will show the visuals once all refresh done.

Anyhow try this one . sometime it will help u

1.JPG

right click on table and do refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar, It seems that it works, refreshing only the "QTD vs Plano vs Mg" table instead of "Mapa_Margens_SAC" & "Plano" table. And i save time. Ty.

Hi @Anonymous,

Great to hear the problem got resolved.Smiley HappyCould you accept the corresponding reply as solution to help others who has similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?

Regards

Baskar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @parry2k , I agree with u, 

1. if Dataset conatins different datasource we can set schedule refresh for all.

u have to check the data in your backend, that give u the solution for this case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.