Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with data type in Measures

Hi Team

I have multiple measure say Growth over Last Year and Over Plan for various metrics like Sales, Profit, Income etc  i.e. Sales Growth over Last Year and over Plan , Profit Growth Over Last Year and Over Plan etc. For Some say Profit Growth Over Last Year is a decimal number and for other like Sales Growth over Last Year is modelled as %. Similar is the case for Plan. When I create a slicer for metrics i.e Sales, Profit etc. I need to compare Last Year and Plan growth for the selected metric.

For this I have written 2 measures , one for PY and the other for Plan using SWITCH. When Metric = Sales, Sales Growth over LY, Profit then Profit Growth over LY. A similar measure for Plan

When I model these 2 measures as % and use in chart, the chart works fine where the values are actually % but it again multiplies other values by 100 where the metric is only a number say for Profit Growth Over Last Year.

Need help on how to overcome this and show these values in a chart.

@GilbertQ  @marcorusso @MattAllington @ruthpozuelo 

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Really need to see your formulas and have some sample data, maybe screen shots of the output you are getting.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Derek

Thanks for your response!

Please see the attached screenshot.MeasuresMeasuresHere I have written a measure, using SWITCH. In this the measure for Sales and Profit which are sepaate measures are modelled as % and for Income is a decimal number. When I model  this measure as % it works fine for Sales and Profit but it also multiplies and adds a %symbol to Income, which is as expected but is not something that I need. Need help on how can I show these measures on a graph few measures are % and few just decimal numbers.

var Selection is coming from a Slicer as I want to dynamically change the PY measures for Sales, Income etc. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.