Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with connecting Power Bi to Jira

I was going through the blog on Explore JIRA with Power BI: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/explore-your-jira-data-with-power-bi/#comment-2947563039 In one of the posts Power BI Desktop template provided in the following link

https://onedrive.live.com/authkey=%21AH4_6OHXy6siE74&cid=E7E2C1CD5556023F&id=E7E2C1CD5556023F%211166...

While exploring JIRA through Power BI desktop we are not able to view the reports, it shows blank (PFB ). We have tried the same thing in Power BI online its working fine for us. Note: Our JIRA hosted in cloud Kindly help us to troubleshoot on how to get the Power BI desktop template for JIRA working.

error.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I just verified that I can use the Power BI Desktop template for JIRA without any issue with my JIRA account. Smiley Happy

result1.PNG

Could you try refresh the dataset in Query Editor, then Apply the change to see if it works? 

In addition, make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop. And here is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you..

It was credential issue, now i am able to access.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hello,

Would you consider trying alternative approach? We've built an app for this: Power BI Connector for Jira https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221150/power-bi-connector-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overvie... it's available for Jira Cloud / Server / Data Center.

If you're a small team then it's always free for you. Also, you may DM me in case you need any assistance, we will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Anton

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

I just verified that I can use the Power BI Desktop template for JIRA without any issue with my JIRA account. Smiley Happy

result1.PNG

Could you try refresh the dataset in Query Editor, then Apply the change to see if it works? 

In addition, make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop. And here is a similar thread for your reference.

Regards

I am currently experiencing simillar problem connecting to JIRA, I had the April update of Power BI Desktop installed and I just updated to the May 2017 version this morning, after using this PowerBI Content Pack JIRA PowerBI Content Pack Which was helpful, I still have an empty report. I will appreciate every help i can get as I am new to PowerBI but love its capabilities and am willing to learn more.

PowerBi_ContentPack.PNG

Hi,

I can not do nothing here, i need your help.

I can see the package in the onedrive. what i need to do? downdoad?  i can't. nothing happens.

😞

Humberto

File already downloaded. But no results in the PW, it's Blank.

Error:

ScreenHunter_1109 May. 30 12.44.jpg

Did asnyone figure out why we get an empty data screen?  any help would be great; i've tried everything.  thanks !!!

I still have this not working also.

Not working for me either and it was working just fine last week

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you..

It was credential issue, now i am able to access.

Hi @Anonymous,

Great to hear the problem got resolved! Could you accept your last reply as solution to help others who may have similar issue easily find the answer and close this thread?Smiley Happy

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.