Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dbguy90

Issue with Stacked Bar Chart Visual Not Updating Slicers

Hi,

I'm pretty confused as to how I broke my report, but I'm sure it's a fairly easy fix?

On one side of the page I have a stacked bar chart, and on the other side I have a bunch of slicers. When selecting a value in the stacked bar chart, my report used to dynamically update those slicers. For example, if you selected the label "Pizza" in the stacked bar chart, the slicers would update to only show possible values from rows relating to "Pizza".

Now when I select a label in the stacked bar chart, the slicers do not update at all. However, if I select a value in a slicer, the visual updates as expected. (i.e. the linkage works in one direction but not the other)

Hopefully that makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I can't figure out what I changed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dbguy90,

It seems that you want to use visual to control slicer, right? This couldn't be supported currently. You need to know that when you use slicer, it will affect the visual, this is a single direction interactions  and this is by design. When you click on visual , it will highlight corresponding field or value in other visuals instead of slicer, it can't affect slicer.

You could submit this requirement in power-bi-ideas .

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dbguy90,

It seems that you want to use visual to control slicer, right? This couldn't be supported currently. You need to know that when you use slicer, it will affect the visual, this is a single direction interactions  and this is by design. When you click on visual , it will highlight corresponding field or value in other visuals instead of slicer, it can't affect slicer.

You could submit this requirement in power-bi-ideas .

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Correct. When highlighting a bar in my bar chart, I want the slicers to update. I could have sworn this was the behavior I had previously, but maybe I'm misremembering? It works on other visuals, just not this stacked bar chart.

Unfortunately I'm reluctant to post screen grabs due to the sensitivity of the data we're working with.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi dbguy90,

As I know, when highlighting a bar in my bar chart, Slicer can't update, this is by design. You might be misremembering.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Hi @dbguy90 ,

check this out.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-reports-visual-interactions

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Please give Kudos for support.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Editing the interactions does not seem to help. I'm at a loss as to what is going on.

Hi @dbguy90 ,

could you share some screenshots? (model and interaction)

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Did I answer your question?
Please mark my post as solution, this will also help others.

Marcus Wegener works as Full Stack Power BI Engineer at BI or DIE.
His mission is clear: "Get the most out of data, with Power BI."
twitter - LinkedIn - YouTube - website - podcast

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.