Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Akahn
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Issue with SandDance visual

I'm not sure if something is wrong with the visual or if I'm just missing something entirely. There used to be a slider icon to the left of the setting icon (with the gear) that allowed me to change some important settings but I can't see it now! I checked through every setting option and I simply can't find it. It used to be here:
Capture.JPGI updated the visual and powerbi desktop to the most recent versions. no dice. Can anybody help?

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sure,

The settings weren't removed. They were simply moved elsewhere.

When you click "view as" there is a new tab in the popup called "shapes". This holds the specific setting that I was looking for.

This is true for all of the settings that used to be contained in the slider menu. They have been distributed around and now live in the various other settings menus.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Akahn

I have downloaded the SandDance (Version 1.2.2  which has just been updated in 10/16/2016)custom visual and tested in my local environment, as you mentioned, the slider icon disappeared. This feature has been removed in latest release of this visual.

If you have any other question, please feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft I found it! They just moved the settings to a new location.

Hi Akahn,

Glad to hear that you have found the slider icon. Would you please share where it is so that your answer can help some other communities?

Thanks,

Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sure,

When you click "view as" there is a new tab in the popup called "shapes". This holds the specific setting that I was looking for.

This is true for all of the settings that used to be contained in the slider menu. They have been distributed around and now live in the various other settings menus.

Hi @Akahn , Please share more detailes, where is "view as " located , some pic's will be very usefull. Thank you

@Akahn wrote:

Sure,

as' located ?

Hi @Akahn

Thank you for the valuable answer!

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Thanks for the response.

Removed? Why?! Is there a place where can I go to edit the settings that were governed by that menu? I have some really useful visuals that are broken without those options.

It seems very odd that a feature like that would be removed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.