Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hirdesh19
Frequent Visitor

Issue with REST Full API of Zendesk Chat using API bearer authorization.

I am using REST Full API of Zendesk Chat using API bearer authorization., I am able to get data in Power BI desktop . and able to publish dataset to Power BI service, However when I tried to refresh the dataset or try to schedule refresh, i am getting error "You can't schedule refresh for this dataset because one or more sources currently don't support refresh." 

if anyone has faced this issue before, please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Thanks 

Hirdesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hirdesh19,

Do you use custom M function to load data from the REST full API  in Power BI Desktop? If so, such query refresh is not supported in Power BI Service. You can vote this idea that make functions refreshable when the data source is a parameter of the function.

Meanwhile, you can review the similar blog below about how to work around the function issue.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/23/web-contents-m-functions-and-dataset-refresh-errors-in-power...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ltopchyi
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @hirdesh19 

You can sschedule a refresh if you connect Zendesk to Power BI with this connector. It is a paid solution, though. 

Liuba

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @hirdesh19 ,

Can you please explain how you managed to connect Zopim chat to power bi?

I got authorisation token, and client_id and client_secret API credentials set up but still unable to establish connection =o?

Could you please share sample final url?

I hope you can help on this one.

Thanks

Abduvali

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@hirdesh19,

Do you use custom M function to load data from the REST full API  in Power BI Desktop? If so, such query refresh is not supported in Power BI Service. You can vote this idea that make functions refreshable when the data source is a parameter of the function.

Meanwhile, you can review the similar blog below about how to work around the function issue.

https://blog.crossjoin.co.uk/2016/08/23/web-contents-m-functions-and-dataset-refresh-errors-in-power...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.