Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CROforce
Helper I
Helper I

Issue with Line Chart from 2 different tables

I have a table called “observation” and amongst other things, I have “Date Opened”, “Date Closed” and RTMs”

Capture.PNG

What I am trying to do is to count how many items where open based on “Date Opened” but to filter out everything that is not RTM 1 and how many items where closed based on Closed Date and to filter everything out that is not RTM 1. Once completed, I wanted to present that data in Line Chart. Therfore, I have created new table with custom dates and index. Dates range from 9/30/15 – Today().

Then I have created relationship between ‘observation’ Date Opened and ‘open’ Date Open. I have created Measure as:

Measure RTM 1 Open = 
COUNTX (
    FILTER (
        'observation',
        'observation'[Date Opened] = RELATED ( 'Open'[Date Open] )
		&& ( 'observation'[RTMs] = "RTM 1" )
    ),
    'observation'[Date Opened]
)

Then I have created column: RTM 1 Open = [Measure RTM 1 Open] to show me the data

I have created one more measure that would be aggregating over time to show Net open:

Measure RTM 1 Net OPEN = 
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Open'[RTM 1 Open] ) ,
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'Open' ), 'Open' [Index] <= MAX( ( 'Open' [Index] ) )
    ))

And to represent that data I have created column RTM 1 Net Open = [Measure RTM 1 Net OPEN]

Now since Date Closed is different than Date open, I have created new table called “Closed” with custom dates (same as already explained above).

I have also created relationship between ‘observation’ Date Closed and ‘Closed’ Date Closed. I have created Measure as:

Measure RTM 1 Closed = 
COUNTX (
    FILTER (
        'observation',
        'observation'[Date Closed] = RELATED ( 'Closed'[Date Closed] )
		&& ( 'observation'[RTMs] = "RTM 1" )
    ),
    'observation'[Date Closed]
)

Then I have created column: RTM 1 Closed = [Measure RTM 1 Closed] to show me the data

I have created one more measure that would be aggregating over time to show Net closed:

Measure RTM 1 Net CLOSED = 
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'CLOSED'[RTM 1 Closed] ) ,
        FILTER ( ALL ( 'CLOSED' ), 'CLOSED'[Index] <= MAX( ( 'CLOSED'[Index] ) )
    ))

And to represent that data I have created column RTM 1 Net CLOSED = [Measure RTM 1 Net CLOSED]

Now the issue is how do I present this data into the Line chart?

When I drop down “Date Open” from table “Open” and insert “RTM 1 Net Open” data looks perfectly fine… When I add “RTM 1 Net Closed”, data for closed issue would be not right and this is because (in my opinion) there is no relationship between tables “Open” and “Closed” and I am unable to create active relationship between the two because both of them already have relationship with “observation” table... Does anyone have a pointer how to solve this issue? It has been bugging me the whole day today and I just can't figure it out 😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CROforce
Helper I
Helper I

I have resolved this issue by creating one data table instead of multiple (one for Closed and one for Open)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CROforce
Helper I
Helper I

I have resolved this issue by creating one data table instead of multiple (one for Closed and one for Open)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.