Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adriangodby
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Gantt Chart by MAQSoftware

Hello all,

Looking at the example below, you can see that the visual is working as expected when the formatting option 'Category label > Hierarchy layout' is set to off, and then the items drastically change to an unknown behaviour when the formatting option is set to on. (The dataset that I used is also shown below).

DatasetDatasetHierarchy option off and working as expectedHierarchy option off and working as expectedHierarchy option on and working differentlyHierarchy option on and working differently

As you can see, the dates have moved, and there are four layers, (Category1 > Category2 > Category3 > Legend/Category1)

If anyone knows how to fix this issue, or what I am doing wrong, that would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @adriangodby

I've got the reply from MAQ Software support team. The issue has been fixed in the latest version of Gantt Chart by MAQ Software v3.3.4. Due to the publish process, it takes 3-4 weeks for the changes to reflect on App source builds. We recommend you to download the visual by the end of next week.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adriangodby

You may have a look at the video here. You may also check the sample report here. Hints and Tips in the report will help you know more about the custom visual. You may get more proffesional support from https://maqsoftware.com/expertise/powerbi.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA104381364?src=office&corrid=7532de76-48b5-458...

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the response @v-cherch-msft.

I have downloaded the sample report and am still struggling to understand how the visual works - if you look at the screenshot below, you will see the issue.

I have copied the Gantt chart from the first page and changed the setting to display the categories as a hierarchy. Problems that I am having are:

• The categories have gone from 'Country > State > ProjectName > Milestone' to 'State > Milestone > Country > ProjectName > Milestone'.
  • The 'RiskStatus' KPI has disappeared
  • When comparing the KPIs from the visuals 'Canada > Alberta > MA-03 > Milestone 13' changes the SafetyStatus from 4 to 3.

image.png

If you have any more ideas, please let me know.

All the best,

Adrian Godby

Hi @adriangodby

I've got the reply from MAQ Software support team. The issue has been fixed in the latest version of Gantt Chart by MAQ Software v3.3.4. Due to the publish process, it takes 3-4 weeks for the changes to reflect on App source builds. We recommend you to download the visual by the end of next week.

Regards,

Cherie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chrie

I just downloaded Gantt Chart by MAQ Software v3.3.4, and the problem seems to be unresolved. When I switch  ON to Hierarchy layout, the timeline at the lowest category lewel does not show up. 

Regards

Emil

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.