Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BM4291
Resolver I
Resolver I

Issue with EndOfQuarter

Hi,

I've built a custom date table in M which I've set to run until the end of the previous quarter. However during the most recent refresh I've come across an issue whereby it's returning an incorrect date which has a knock-on effect on my data.

= Date.AddQuarters(Date.EndOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -1) returns 2018-03-30T23:59:59.9999999; I would expect to be seeing 2018-03-31T23:59:59.9999...

Other examples:

= Date.AddQuarters(Date.EndOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -2) === 2017-12-30T23:59:59.9999999; expect 2017-12-31

= Date.AddQuarters(Date.EndOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -3) === 2017-09-30T23:59:59.9999999; as expected

= Date.AddQuarters(Date.EndOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -4) === 2017-06-30T23:59:59.9999999; as expected

If it was to do with daylight savings I'd understand the time being out by an hour, but in two of the above it's out by a day. Any ideas? Is there anything wrong with my syntax/a better way of doing this in M?

For more context, this is how I am using the above:

let
    Source = DateTime.Date(Date.AddQuarters(Date.StartOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -9)),
    CreateDateList = List.Dates(Source, Number.From(Date.AddQuarters(Date.EndOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -1)) - Number.From(Source), #duration(1,0,0,0)),

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Agree, that looks a bit odd (you might consider a bug report here).

You can walk around it using this formula instead:

Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -1)

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Agree, that looks a bit odd (you might consider a bug report here).

You can walk around it using this formula instead:

Date.AddDays(Date.StartOfQuarter(DateTime.LocalNow()), -1)

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Of course the simplest solution works best...!

I will report the issue just in case it is a wider problem but thanks for your time in resolving.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.