Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgaliyev
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Dashboard sharing

Hi guys,

New to Power BI as we are trialing it at my workplace.

I have initially shared a Dashboard with a colleague, then a few days later when he couldnt find the Invite email with the link, I have decided to 'Cancel invite'. Then i went on to share the Dashboard with the same colleague (same email address), so to generate another email with the link.

Trouble is there is no Email and his email doesnt add to the list of 'Shared with' people. No matter what I try now, I cant add this colleague to see my dashboards.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
chrichua
Employee
Employee

This should be resolved in the latest service update. Please let me know if you are still seeing issues.

Alexis
Frequent Visitor

Exactly the same problem.

I think it's something to do with the email autofill thingy.

The colleague I shared with (who didn't appear as shared with) came from the autofill as I had shared a dashboard with them before. I tried this with another colleague from the autofill and this was also the case. I then tried with a colleague who I had not previously share a dashboard with (so did not appear in the autofill) and the dashboard was sucessfully shared.

As far as I can see there is no way to clear or delete the email autofill.

Annoying!!!

Alexis

ThunderDub
Frequent Visitor

Hey!

got the same problem - there's no email sent to other people (that dashboard was shared with).
But i know just one solution now - u have to send link for your own (u can find it in the second tab of sharing section "Shared" - there is a link, just copy it and send to your friend)...

I cant just send the link if a person's name isnt in the SHARED list. When they click on the link, the message comes on that saying "The Dashboard cant be found".

I am stil  unable to share the exisitng or new Dahsboards with anyone. Even whn I create a new Dashboard I cant share it with anyone even though the message comes on saying I successfully done so.

Yeh this is still the case

Hopefully the team are noticing this, would be nice to hear from them

Same issue since mid last week.  I've logged a service request and had one response but nothing since sending on the screenshot. 

Not helping the product credibility with my users at the moment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.