Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with Custom Calculations and Filtering?

I am having issues with some of my calculations when I try to show it by region or store banner. I only have weekly data, so I have it by week start date, Week #, and Week Year. I have calculations for Sales, Sales LY, Sales YTD, and Sales YTD LY, I calculated these using VAR and FILTER functions. Basically what I'd like to do is have a visual showing the % Growth YoY and % Growth YTD, by Banner (By Region for some similar files). It appears to calculate correctly when I just put in week start with the calculations, but when I take out the week start, and try to calculate it based on Banner or Region or anything really, all of the calculations show as blank except for the total sales. I've tried looking at tons of videos and solutions online and have been left really frustrated, as I'm thinking this is probably an easy fix... Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you have a Calendar table with a relationship to the Week Start of your sales?

I would create one calendar dimension table and make my calculations based on that table.

Can you share a little more information about your model maybe a mockup data setup?

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490 (courtesy of @Greg_Deckler).

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.