Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tamerlane
Helper I
Helper I

Issue with ArcGIS maps

Hi there,

I have the following problem with ArcGIS maps:

I loaded an exel-file in Power BI Desktop. It contains columns with values A, B, C, D, E, F, G and "not specified". The column is modelled as Text.

Each value has a specific color which I do in Edit mode, Change Symbol Style, in ArcGIS maps. However, the value "A" does not show up in symbol list, so I cannot change the color.

I have had this issue in another report. Any ideas?

I have checked if this is due to the amount of values, but "A" is more frequent than "B", yet "B" shows up in the symbol list, and "A" does not.

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tamerlane

I’ve got response from the Product Team.

This is the expected behavior. A year or so back code was added specifically to the product to treat all countries as distinct regardless of the data supplied to the data well which results in the behavior reported here.

This was done because countries have complex boundaries (polygons) which are known to overwhelm browsers and cause them to crash. This limit was put in to prevent this.

Right now this is considered a Known Limit. Work is underway however to generalize these polygons such that we may be able to remove this intentional limitation.

Best Regards,
Herbert

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Tamerlane

I reproduced similar issue as yours. 

25.PNG

23.PNG

24.PNG

We have reported internally.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.