Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdobi05
Frequent Visitor

Issue while converting Blanks to 0 in Matrix

Hi All,

I have two datasets : Table 1 & Table 2 by joining on Desig to get all the desig values and represent the data in Matrix. All Desig may not come from Table1 for a particular date so, we are maintain the Required Desig in table2 and by joining with table2 will get all the Desig's along with it implementing the custom sort as well.

Here, I have to calculate the delta of stage1/stage2/Stage3 from 1/2/2020 - stage1/stage2/Stage3 of 1/1/2020.

Due to the blanks in Stage3 in 1/1/2020, the negation/subtraction is not happening correctly. I tried to make the 0 using ISBlank with if condition, still nothing is happening

IF(ISBLANK([Column1]),0,[Column1]).

Column1 : is having the numeric value goes to Values in Matrix.

I tried to make 0 in delta calculations, but it is also not working.

I would like to get 0 instead of Blanks to calculations/ Or any another proposed solution to resolve this issue .

sdobi05_0-1598891642049.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @sdobi05 ,

Based on your data,create a measure as below:

Measure = 
var _countonJan1=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Date]=DATE(2020,1,1)&&'Table1'[Design]=MAX('Table1'[Design])))
var _countonFeb1=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Date]=DATE(2020,2,1)&&'Table1'[Design]=MAX('Table1'[Design])))
Return
_countonFeb1 -_countonJan1

Then put in a matrix you will see:

Annotation 2020-09-03 153541.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @sdobi05 ,

Based on your data,create a measure as below:

Measure = 
var _countonJan1=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Date]=DATE(2020,1,1)&&'Table1'[Design]=MAX('Table1'[Design])))
var _countonFeb1=CALCULATE(MAX('Table1'[Count]),FILTER(ALL(Table1),'Table1'[Date]=DATE(2020,2,1)&&'Table1'[Design]=MAX('Table1'[Design])))
Return
_countonFeb1 -_countonJan1

Then put in a matrix you will see:

Annotation 2020-09-03 153541.png

For the related .pbix file,pls see attached.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sdobi05 , you can do this month - last month

MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))+0
last MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH)))+0
last month Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),previousmonth('Date'[Date]))+0
last MTD (complete) Sales =  CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH))))+0
previous month value =  CALCULATE(sum('table'[total hours value]),previousmonth('Date'[Date]))+0

diff = [MTD Sales]-[last MTD Sales]
diff % = divide([MTD Sales]-[last MTD Sales],[last MTD Sales])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.