Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

doubles
Helper I
Helper I

Issue filtering between chart visuals in directquery

Please see the attached screen recording for a demo of the issue I am experiencing. I have a data set of language from documents – the language field contains return chars in some records. In the records where that is the case, chart visuals do not filter correctly when a particular language record is clicked. This is only an issue in directquery mode. As you can see in the recording, when I switch to import, the filters work fine. (The data source is SQL server).

https://youtu.be/sTNVnDk-Ubg

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi  @doubles,

From your attachment, it seems that you have problems with direct query for the interaction between the visuals.

By my tests, I cannot reproduce your issue with direct query in Power BI.

Do you have this issue for all tables with direct query?

If it is conveninet, could you share the table structure so that I could have a test to reporduce your issue?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is only happening when there is a return char in the Language field. There is only one table with LanguageID and Language as the 2 fields. The chart visual on the right side of the report is the entire table in my test file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.