Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kinga99
Helper II
Helper II

Issue deleting text boxes

I believe I ran into a Power BI glitch. Some kind of a flaw in software. 

Here's the deal:

On Page 1 I created 6 text boxes (Project Management, Personnel .....) and grouped them together. I then copy/pasted that group 3 times. I styled all 4 of the groups with cards and page 1 was ready to go.

Then I duplicated this page onto page 2 to redesign the layout.  On page 2 I deleted some frames, rectangles, moved stuff around and deleted some of the text box groups to keep only one. But I noticed that I cannot delete the first group of text boxes. I covered it with a rectangle same color as a background to work around this issue, and I tried to send the text boxes to the back - and Power BI displayed an error that something went wrong.

Then when I went back to page 1 and stuff was messed up! How is this possible - it's a different page? All pasted groups are fine, but the first one that was copied has issues.  I cannot delete the individual text boxes and they are not visible in the 'Selections' view. 

On the bottom you can see two overlaping text boxes. Deleting the ones on the left doesn't work. If I delete the right side overlaping text boxes, they do not get deleted but the ones to the far right do!

This is extremely frustrating.

Capture 33.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kinga99 ,

Is this issue still there?

Best Regards,

Icey

I checked the selection pane, and this is definitely a glich in the software. 

It started happening when I copied and pasted elements in my report. The copied elements were having issues. They would appear on other pages as well and there was no way to delete them. So if I have a text box on one page, the same text box would appear all of a sudden on another page in the exact same place.

This is not something that I am doing wrong. This is a software issue. Sometimes when I try to do formatting on those text boxes (the ones I cannot delete), Power BI shows an error message that "Something went wrong". At times, I see a message that things went wrong and Power BI needs to shut down. If I don't save my progress, it's gone.

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

@Kinga99 

My guess is you have some grouped items nested into other groups.  If you turn on the selection panel you can see all the items on the page and the groups they are in.  Might help.

2020-04-30_12-50-46.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.