Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue deleting a table - it's affecting formatting of another unconnected table

I delete a field (Table3) from my Query or from the Report view - and as soon as I do that, the format of data in another unconnected table (Table1) is affected. The data in Table1 changes from Number to text, and visuals that use the data change titles from "title" to "sum of title". 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

When you delete table from report view, it will also remove query in query edit, then it will re-generate data model and load data.

I think your issue is caused with re-generate data model, it seems like power bi recognize your data column as wrong type and do summarize on it.

For your scenario, you can manually modify column type and remove wrong one from visual, then use correct one to replace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! This happens both when I delete the unrelated table from Report view, and when I delete the unrelated query from the Power Query Editor.

I am also not sure why the type is changing at all -- in my Query Settings, one of the applied steps it to change the type of all the columns to Decimal Number.

I'd really like to not have to fix all the columns... there are over 60 of them to re-add to the table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also just tried to manually change the type and I am unable to. The Formatting option in the Modelling tab is now grayed-out and I am unable to select anything.

HI @Anonymous,

I can't reproduce this issue on my side.

Did you have a copy of original file? You can try to enter to 'query edit' to delete tables and confirm if your columns type changed.

>>The Formatting option in the Modelling tab is now grayed-out and I am unable to select anything.

Can you please provide some detail information about this ?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.