Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adray13

Issue connecting to Smartsheet

Hi, this is my first day trying to use Power BI. So, please forgive my ignorance. 

I figured out how to connect to Smartsheet(SS) via BI and create a Power Automate flow that was supposed to update BI when changes were made to SS. I tested adding a new row to SS and it did not update in BI. So, after much testing I decided to delete everything and try again. 

Now when I try to connect to the same SS that new row I added is still not there. It should be there if I am developing a whole new connection. So, now I am really lost as to what has happened. Any help would be much appreciated. BI SS Connection Preview.pngSS data for BI.png

4 REPLIES 4
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adray13 ,

See if this can help you:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/59692793/can-live-updates-in-smartsheet-reflect-in-the-power-bi-... 

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, thank you for the feedback although all the solutions cost extra. The SS app in BI costs and the live data connector for BI costs. 

What confuses me is even after I delete the BI project and start a new one the fresh connection to a SS sheet still doesn't reflect the updated sheet. 

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @adray13 

For any dataset used in power bi only the committed transactions will appear.

I would check the following.

1. Is the new data insert commited on DB.

2. Referesh the dataset to get all the transactions. 

pranit828_0-1597358260297.png

3. Check if you have any page or visual level filter restricting this data. (Delete all filters to check if data can be viewed)

Did I resolve your issue? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!

Regards,
Pranit

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Hi, 

How do check if the data is "committed"?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.