Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue: can you adjust the browser Power BI desktop uses to login to salesforce?

We are trying to connect Salesforce reports using Power BI Desktop.  When we are prompted with the salesforce login we use custom domain, and then use SSO login.  We are getting an error when logging in that way.  We get the same error when trying to login to salesforce through an IE browser.

Is there a way to adjust the browser Power BI desktop uses to login to salesforce?

5 REPLIES 5
otravers
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm necro posting here because this old thread is a top result on Google. You can now (as of the end of 2021) change the authentication browser used by Power BI Desktop:

https://www.oliviertravers.com/how-to-use-lastpass-power-bi-desktop/

------------------------------------------------
1. How to get your question answered quickly - good questions get good answers!
2. Learning how to fish > being spoon-fed without active thinking.
3. Please accept as a solution posts that resolve your questions.
------------------------------------------------
BI Blog: Datamarts | RLS/OLS | Dev Tools | Languages | Aggregations | XMLA/APIs | Field Parameters | Custom Visuals
moni_dd
Regular Visitor

Hi there,

Would you mind posting some info on how you managed to pass login credentials to SalesForce?

I am trying to find a way to reuse the data-access settings we already have in SF. 

Otherwise we have to begin replicating these via row-level security in PowerBI.

Say, I developed a PowerBI report using my SF credentials. What needs changing to be able to allow the user specific data settings in SF to kick in after I publish.

Not expecting step-by-step guidance, but some description of the big picture would be sincerely appreciated!

Many Thanks!

Did you identify any solution for this? 

Having the same issue.. using custom URL and SSO and it brings up a page that IE is not supported with no other option. 

We are basically not able to connect to Salesforce in Power BI Desktop because of this. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also cannot login. Have you found a workaround @vickyd ?

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

It seems that there is no option to change the browser PBI Desktop uses. We can only make sure that we can login with IE successfully.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.