Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fgnavarrete
Helper II
Helper II

Issue Connecting Oracle System.Data.OracleClient BD requires version 8.1.7

Dear guest, together with greeting, I indicate that I read all the posts in this forum that speak of this topic and have not been able to connect to the oracle database. What I've done:

1) I have the Power BI 64 bit and download the ODAC122010Xcopy_x64

2) Install it as follows: install.bat all c: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

2.1) Since I don't work by installing it alone, check the tnsnames.ora and configure it with the data from my server and copy it to the ORAons.dll DLL in the folder c: .oracle.bin as indicated by some web when the power bi downloads it from the microsoft store.

3) Since none of the above steps worked either, I went and added my ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES since the installer does not indicate anything and some people indicated that if I work for them, being like this: (only environment variables, in system variables I have done nothing )

Captura.PNG

4) I've done what's on the community links, but I haven't done well ... the error continues

Captura1.PNG

Any guides?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much for your answers, unfortunately it did not go well with any solution, in the end I downloaded an application uninstaller, uninstall absolutely everything and with it cleaning the regedit, then install the ORACLE v12c and I worked everything, wonders and WITHOUT ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, run it and connect it immediately.

Quite strange the behavior, I think it must have influenced the regedit or so many drivers and apps that I installed for the oracle and might have soiled the connection, but now it's resolved.

Thank you all very much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fgnavarrete ,

Hope these posts could help you:

System.Data.OracleClient requires Oracle client software version 8.1.7 or greater;

Struggling with Oracle DB Connection.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you very much for your answers, unfortunately it did not go well with any solution, in the end I downloaded an application uninstaller, uninstall absolutely everything and with it cleaning the regedit, then install the ORACLE v12c and I worked everything, wonders and WITHOUT ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES, run it and connect it immediately.

Quite strange the behavior, I think it must have influenced the regedit or so many drivers and apps that I installed for the oracle and might have soiled the connection, but now it's resolved.

Thank you all very much.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@fgnavarrete , is c:\Oracle is the path where your driver is installed.

Check my path

path.PNG

I've already seen your information and I've already tried it, but the result is exactly the same.

I have those same environment variables which was what I installed in the folder and it doesn't leave me, it gives me the same error 😞

path.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.