Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any way of hiding a visual while no object is selected?

Hi guys! I´m building a new report for my boss. This report takes projects titles, amounts, dates, etc from a database.

I had constructed a table which includes the Project Code, Amount and Signer.

I want to know if there is a possibility of adding another table that shows the project description, dates and area WHEN YOU CLICK the project name in the first table I had created.

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

After test, your requirement is impossible. You can create an idea here, product team will consider it if many people vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can do this using measures like this:

M1 Address = IF(HASONEVALUE(DISTRICT[ADDRESS]),VALUES(DISTRICT[ADDRESS]),"")

Take a look at the PBIX file I created here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Data-Stories-Gallery/Ohio-Primary-and-Secondary-Education-Performan...

On page 2 (District Comparison) you can click on a bubble and you will see information displayed to the right of it but otherwise it is blank.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! But I think this solution might not help me.

The initial state of your report shows the table but with a " " value. I need the possibility to hide the table at all when nothing is selected. I'm feeling this is not possible...

Hi @Anonymous,

Please mark the right/helpful reply as answer. More people will learn new things here and we can close the case.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hi @Anonymous,

After test, your requirement is impossible. You can create an idea here, product team will consider it if many people vote it.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys! I´m building a new report for my boss. This report takes projects titles, amounts, dates, etc from a database.

I had constructed a table which includes the Project Code, Amount and Signer.

I want to know if there is a possibility of adding another table that shows the project description, dates and area WHEN YOU CLICK the project name in the first table I had created.

Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.