Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hussain
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any visulaization to expand details in the table visualization?

Hi,

I want to achieve a functionality in which a user can click on the row and he/she can see the details of that row. Screenshots are attached.

Note: User clicks on the dropdown button(highlighted in red and the column details are seen in the next screenshot).

User can click the drop down arrow in each rowUser can click the drop down arrow in each rowUser is able to see the details.User is able to see the details.

Is there any way to achieve this or is this too ambitious? I aware of the drilldown functionality. But was wondering if this is possible,

4 REPLIES 4
Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

Hi Hussain, 

You can try Matrix visuals and add multiple fields at row header and make the icon available from row header property. You when the user clicks on plus icon sign it will give more drilling details just like excel.

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Refer the below link to get the complete deets on it.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Thanks. But isn't matrix used for aggregations and therefore by default use numbers (values)?

I have text and date data.

Hi @Hussain

See below blog that may help:

https://www.dundas.com/support/learning/documentation/analyze-data/expand-and-collapse-hierarchy-mem...

Annotation 2020-05-06 175826.png

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.