Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Deepesh_V95
Frequent Visitor

Is there any possible method to do conditional formatting on column when comparing multiple values?

Hi,

I have a table in Power BI and my requirement is that I want to add conditional formatting on on of its column based on the values of other column.

So, suppose in my case as seen in the image below, I want to color the background of cells of column Growth 2018 by comparing its values from column Growth 2017. So, if value in Growth 2018 > Growth 2017 then the color should be Green else Red.

Screen1.PNG

So, is it by possible by any means I can achieve this type of formatting on column?

P.S. - I have already tried creating a new calculated column which consists of the difference of these columns and applied formatting on that column based on the values. But my requirement is I need to do formatting on the same column values by comparing it to another metric.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not available currently.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The solutions i've had to use for similar circumstances has been to create a measure which uses the context of the row to calculate my conditional groupings.  I have my measure return values like 0, 1, 2, 3, .. etc.  I then load this measure in as a column in the table and place the conditional formatting of both background and font onto this measure.  Its not ideal, as i'd normally perfer to have my formatting on the actual numbers, but until thats implemented this is a workable method.

@Anonymous

Can you share an example or a visual sample.
What I am trying to do is. For the following visual, I want to make the background color of all numbers under Furniture column to be "green" and numbers under other 2 columns to be "red"

ConditionalFormatting.JPG

Regards

Thanks for your reply, I have used the method you have suggested earlier but I was also looking for a way to implement the formatting on the actual numbers if that is possible in Power BI. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its not available currently.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.