Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Vaishnavi_M
Helper I
Helper I

Is there any option to disable the Auto Update option ?

Hi,

Is there any option in power bi for disabling the Auto Update function?

Thanks in Advance

6 REPLIES 6
v-micsh-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Vaishnavi_M,

Could you please explain a bit about the Auto Update here?

Based on what I know, there is no auto-update from Power BI desktop, dataset would only refresh when we hit the refresh button. Check the thread below:

How to disable auto-refresh in Power BI desktop

If you mean the same thing, follow what Eric suggest, to add some filters.

Please post back if you need any further assistance.

Regards

The original question was how to disable Power BI Desktop updates (not data updates/refreshes). But how to disable the software updates to Power BI. Our clients would who also use the Desktop would not want a pop-up every month, especially if they are satisfied wit current features. Is there a way to disable the update notification until a way for automatic Power Bi desktop software updates is made available?

@cyclist007

Hi, disable this option

Update.png

Lima - Peru

Thanks @Vvelarde

Any idea when Microsoft would enable/push automatic updates to the Power BI Desktop software? 

It's being discussed, but no ETA.

Appreciate the update. But just Fyi ... there is an idea regarding this, which is under review for about 16 months now : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10399626-power-bi-desktop-auto-up...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.