Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Grizman
Helper I
Helper I

Is there an alternative to Microsoft Excel PowerPivot?

Can you help me recommended alternative tool to Power PIvot?

Main requirement: this tool must be absolutely free on a permanent basis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

qliksense is free, but i am not sure what is limited in the free tool, tableau public is also free, power bi is free if you dont share, or if you only want to use the desktop

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KHorseman
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power Pivot is a free addon to Excel. But Excel isn't free, so "absolutely free"? Nope. I don't think there is one. Certainly no free alternative to Power BI.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

You don't undestand me!

PowerPivot is free add-in. I need some self-service BI tool.

Alternative can be QlickView, Pentaho, Tableu but all they need buy licensing. 

I don't think there is a totally free self service BI tool. Some might offer a very limited free version but nothing with the full set of features.

For example, can you write some names tool with limited functions?

qliksense is free, but i am not sure what is limited in the free tool, tableau public is also free, power bi is free if you dont share, or if you only want to use the desktop

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Thanks a lot!

I have no idea. I just know that Power BI has a free version that doesn't allow you to share dashboards with other users and only allows certain types of data connections. I assume the others you listed have a similar arrangement.

Power BI don't fit my requirement because it's not OLAP tool.

Too bad!

Excel itself is a whole toolbox of OLAP tools.  I have been using Excel/VBA for OLAP ever since 1994 when VBA came out!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.