Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to visually identify changes depending on the value of a measure (KPI)

Hi all,

I'm working on a "Overview Dashboard" (sheet) that summarizes many KPI's from other sheets in my Power BI report. To make a long story short, I'm trying to conditionally format measures that calculate specific "on track" measurements. For example, one measure is: Order Intake YTD VS. Last Years YTD (Sameperiodlastyear) and another is Order Intake YTD Vs Order Target. Most measurements are in percentage.  

Now, I want this measure to display some sort of indication, so if the measure above shows 10% growth YTD I want there to be a green indication, of any sort (arrow, background etc..). This will help me to quickly see on the overview dashboard if all KPI's are on track. The only visual that seem to meet my needs is the KPI one but the indicator value is so large and I can't seem to change the size. 

Any ideas for me to solve this? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, for conditional formatting, it needs additional rows in the table.

And you may try Custom visual: Advance Card

3.JPG

Then using conditions in Formating

4.JPG

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

You could try Conditional formatting function in power bi.

Add a new measure, for example: [new measure]=[Order Intake YTD] - [Last Years YTD]

If [new measure] greater than 10% then green background etc...

Best Regards,

Lin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lili6-msft  
Thanks for taking the time to answer. 

Your idea is certainly an option that can be used but it's not the optimal one, it requires some manipulation of the table. The table must have additional row in the table in order for the conditional formatting to work, I can add a row with just space and then hide the column header with font colour but if you hover, it will display the measure name. 

I am trying to display just one certain measurement with this feature, but it is proofing to be harder than expected. All ideas are welcome. 

eg.png

hi, @Anonymous 

Yes, for conditional formatting, it needs additional rows in the table.

And you may try Custom visual: Advance Card

3.JPG

Then using conditions in Formating

4.JPG

Best Regards,
Lin

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lili6-msft 

Thanks, this is exactly the visual I was looking for. 🙂 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.