Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to make one table appear blank if a slicer is selected?

Sorry for making this confusing, but as you can see below, I have 4 tables (on the right hand side) and two slicers on the left hand slide which are labelled "Deals" and "Customers" 

KyleAdam_1-1629209211615.png

Every Customer has a Deal, so if you were to search a Customer, the Deals will filter to that customer, as would the tables next to it (with the correct information). However, when I filter the Deals, everything works but one, the Projects (The top table). This is because there is no relationship between Deals and Projects. So instead it will only show me Projects that are related to that Customer (of the deal) which will affect the math in the tables. 

Is there any way I can make the Projects table BLANK whenever I select a Deal slicer? That would be really helpful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add a measure to check if a Deal value selected and then use this measure as a visual level filter on the project table where this measure value is 1

Is Deal Selected = IF  ( HASONEFILTER ( YourTable[DealColumn] ), 1, 0 )

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous as per the screenshot, you didn't filter Is Deal Selected for value 1, how do you expect it to work until I'm missing something.

Also, I recommended checking if Is Deal Selected working as expected by adding a card visual, and you didn't even comment on that. 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @parry2k it works now. 

Apologies I didn't fully understand the code and instruction that you gave me. You did originally say KPI though and I did try that. Obviously I wasn't aware you added in the 1 on the filter. 

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous can you share the screen shot where you added the visual level filter and measure expression.

Put a KPI Card visual and put this measure and check on Deal selection if value changes to 1 and on no selection it goes back to 0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @parry2k 

Here is the filter visual for the Project table: 

KyleAdam_0-1629212442088.png

And here is the measure you gave me: 

KyleAdam_1-1629212512103.png

Just the exact same as the one you gave except for obviously, the Deal Name location. 
And here is the KPI example, it doesn't appear to be working here either:

KyleAdam_2-1629212845781.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous add a measure to check if a Deal value selected and then use this measure as a visual level filter on the project table where this measure value is 1

Is Deal Selected = IF  ( HASONEFILTER ( YourTable[DealColumn] ), 1, 0 )

Follow us on LinkedIn

Check my latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi thank you for the reply @parry2k 

I just added that measure and filtered it to the Deal slicer (the column is Deal Name), however, sadly it's still not working. I've put it as a filter on the visual area and there has been no change sadly. It still isn't blank when I select a Deal, which is ultimately what I want. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.