Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

id013
Helper V
Helper V

Is there a way to link 2 line graphs in separate visualizations so they scroll together

Hi,

So I have 2 line graphs that show patient volumes over the exact same time period. I'm forced to use 2 visualizations since both graphs require different filters\slicers. 

Currently when I scroll through the top graph it looks like this:

forum post 2.png

Ideally I'd like it so that if someone scrolls the top graph and gets a tool tip, the bottom graph would highlight the same section and popup a tooltip for the value on that same section. So something more like:

forum post 2a.png

Sorry it doesn't look great, I had to use paint to scrub the data and add in the extra lines and tooltips

Just to re-iterate the yellow and teal graphs are 2 separate visualizations.

Thanks again.

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @id013

Only hovering over a data point on the visualization, then this visualization will show the values for those fields in the tooltip for now.

Since these two line graphs have the same axis, why don't you put value in one graph,

if they are from different tables and have no relationship between them or you had edited the interaction of them?

If not, you could just add them into one graph and drag type column into legend value.

If so, I'm afraid it couldn't achieve in Power BI for now.

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.