Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to force a value for drillthrought in DAX ?

Hello, here is the deal. I have a main page with a set of buttons, they are set as a navigate action so each of them leads me to a specific page.

However each **bleep**e is the same what chanegs is the filter applied over it. First one leads to a page with a page filter applied as "Mercearia", second one to "Pet Care" and so on. So in oder to do so I had to create multiple pages (one for each button).

TallesLessa_0-1648816301769.png

But thats a pain to manage. My idea was, of what if I set the action to be a drill through so I have them point to the same page and the drillthrough takes care of filtering the page. But drill through requires that a filter is selected in order to drill it.

For aesthetics I want them to be buttons (So I can use better graphics) and I want it to be a single step (one click) So adding a slicer selection then a button to drill to another page is not an option.

I was wondering if there is a way to make the button select a slicer value and Drill through another page. There is an option to conditionally set a drill through destination. So I was trying to make a DAX formula that SETS a slicer AND outputs the drillthrough page but in DAX as far as I can tell it only reads status using selectedvalue() for instance but i cannot set something to be selected (Get what I mean?)

DOes anyone one how to do so or have another solution for this usecase?

TallesLessa_1-1648816959461.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could use bookmarks. On the page which needs filtering add whatever slicers you need, set the appropriate values for each bookmark and then hide the slicers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
johnt75
Super User
Super User

You could use bookmarks. On the page which needs filtering add whatever slicers you need, set the appropriate values for each bookmark and then hide the slicers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good one I forgot about it. Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.