Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to create a list that pulls all the users in a tenet and their account type?

I am looking to create a list that contains all the users and their assigned licenses in a tenent. Has someone done this before?

UserLicenseFee
User AE365
User BF1 

Thanks,

Isaac

8 REPLIES 8
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Is that table the desired outcome (if so, please post the original data too) or is that the original data (in which case we need to see the desired outcome)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My desired outcome is to take the number of users and based on licenses show how much they are being charged. Unfortutnely, clients keep on asking for licenses without any concern for cost. This will make it transparent. All I require is the number of users and license type. I would address the fees etc via a calculation in powerbi.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may need to clarify.

I managed a CSP and want to report on the license consumption per tenant, for example how many users use E3 vs F1. And then provide a list of the users with the licenses type.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bump.

How can powerBI pull the amount of users and licenses from my CSP subscriptions?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found a powershell that provides the list of active subscriptions. This is what I am looking for in Phase 1. 

anon1m0us_0-1594214591981.png

Then I found another script that finds the users and who is using what. 

anon1m0us_1-1594214769098.png

This is what I am trying to do in powerbi. I would like to know if there a native way, without powershell, to get this information so I can make a graph on the subscription amount and a table listing the users with subscription.

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, I would like to create a table with the users that are in O365 with their license type. The data is purely whatever is in O365 on my partner.microsoft.com site.

I think I could pull it from ITGLUE following https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Developer/Connecting-Power-BI-to-a-Web-Service/td-p/710697

However, I am having issues with what the API URL Should be.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  @Anonymous ,

I think Azure portal can help achieve what you need,and there 's no need to use ITGLUE.

Here is the reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-manage-licenses

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know I can check it from the portal. However, I would like to create a site where Clients see their tickets, and the amount of accounts. I would use a Calc to multiply their # of users with the support fee. Hence, it can only be done via PowerBI.

The link does not show how to import users and licenses from my CSP into PowerBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.