Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to alter what is shown in a continuous x-axis?

Hi,

I want to show data with a time increment of 15 minutes. I have a DateTime object, and I have filters for my date and for my time. However, when I use a bar chart, Power BI automatically shows the times that I filtered out. See the picture below:forum2.png

It is funny because the first bar on the left is my desired starting time of 06:00 and the last bar is 18:00. So PowerBI automatically continues with the increment while not provided to the visual. When I show this data in a table or for example an infographic chart I get what I want:

forum3.png

But of course, this is not the formatting that I want. Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , not very clear. you have only options continuous or categorical  axis only. So need to choose one

Axis_type.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I am aware of the option for a categorical axis. And it is absolutely not what I want:forum3.png

The values do not scale automatically to fit the axis, i.e., there is a scroll bar. The second picture I have shown is the way I actually want it to show. So:

• I only want my desired filtered hours
  • I want everything to fit inside the figure

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.