Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

borlip
Advocate I
Advocate I

Is there a way to add KPI to a report?

Is there a way to add KPIs to a report? 

Power Pivot has it but I can't find it in a designer...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

This is something on top of our minds and we are working on this...

Alex.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

there is a hack that allows you to kind of have a KPI in your report.  you need to create three variables for a KPI that return 1 or null for either green, red or yellow.  then you use those variables as sources of a pie chart and you format the pie chart accordingly to render each variable in the correct color.  then if you size the pie chart very small, it will look like a KPI

Again, not very elegant but works for now

Hello andre,

Thank you for your answer, am new to Power BI, i understand what you're saying but can't do it correctly.  am on a tight a schedule and i need your solution. So, if you please provide an example for how to do it or elaporate more with steps , i would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance.

AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

This is something on top of our minds and we are working on this...

Alex.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

It is more than 2 years now. Is it still on top of your minds and working on it?

konstantinos
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You cannot create KPIs in PBI desktop yet...The workaround is to use excel powerpivot & powerview and then upload it to the service..keep in mind you need to keep using the old visual rendering engine ( old report canvas )...The arrows symbol not showing upin the new report canvas..

Konstantinos Ioannou

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.