Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

quinla01
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to Select All fields in table to add to visual rather than select each one?

Hi, 

Within the Fileds Pane, is there a quick way to select all fields in a table to add them to a visual? My table has about 100 fields and i want to add them all to a table visual. I'm currently selecting each field one at a time. I figure there has to be a quicker way like a right click, select all. 

Thanks

fileds.JPG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @quinla01 ,

There is no other way of placing the data into a visual only a field at a time.

In your case what is the purpose of adding them all to a table visual? If you want to filter the information for the entire table the best way is trough the Data view that allows you to sort, filter copy, hide, etc.

Regards,

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

Thanks for confirming. Strange they have thought to add a "select all" option. Seems fairly basic. 

The purpose is for reference rather than filtering. Most the data is summarised in other meaninful, smaller visuals but every now and then someone will want to see absolutely every field. 

Thanks again.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
petermc129
Regular Visitor

I still don't see a way to do this. Hard to believe it isn't included yet. Am I missing something. As someone else mentioned, this is a pretty basic request.

John_Wick
Frequent Visitor

The quickest way I have found is to select the first field then push the down arrow on the keyboard along with a space bar press. I find this quicker than clicking one by one.

lauralee

Hi!

I marked this topic as NEW because it has been a few years since the question was posed and am hoping the has there been added functionality to add all fields to a visual.

Any chance this has been done?

Like quinla01 , I have users who want to see the flat data at times.

Hi @lauralee ,

There is still no way to select more than one field to add to your visualizations.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thank you for your quick response!  Much appreciated.

Unfortunate PBI has not added that functionality as yet.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @quinla01 ,

There is no other way of placing the data into a visual only a field at a time.

In your case what is the purpose of adding them all to a table visual? If you want to filter the information for the entire table the best way is trough the Data view that allows you to sort, filter copy, hide, etc.

Regards,

Mfelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thanks for confirming. Strange they have thought to add a "select all" option. Seems fairly basic. 

The purpose is for reference rather than filtering. Most the data is summarised in other meaninful, smaller visuals but every now and then someone will want to see absolutely every field. 

Thanks again.

Adding to this thread and marking as New because there's another use case where this would be helpful - if you are using a dataflow as the source for the PBI data, you can't (at least in my case) go to Power Query or see the Data view. It would be very helpful to be able to create a visual with all table fields so that I can more easily see, e.g., what types of data are in each field. 

I still don't see a way to do this, but hoping that I've missed something since this thread was last updated...

Thanks!

David

Hi @dchilder ,

When you refer to Dataflow, Dataset of Live Connection you cannot use the query editor since the datasource are not editable so the query editor is not available, regarding the question about the type of data you can see it by selecting a field and seing the column type and format, has you can see the value is grey out but it's because you cannot edit.

MFelix_0-1664526054353.png

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.