Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to Remove the Bar on Top of Every Visualization?

Hello all,

I'm hoping that I'm just missing the option somewhere but there's one thing that annoys me greatly with every visualization in PowerBI, the space wasted by the reserved bar on top of every visualization where the "Focus Mode" and "More Options" links are.  I think these should be on the same level as the title would go and then we won't need to waste the space in our layouts.  Any chance this ability already exits?

PowerBI Top Wasted Space.png

17 REPLIES 17
Chun
Regular Visitor

File
Options and Settings
Options
Report settings (bottom left)
Check 'Use the modern visual header with updated styling options

WeChat Screenshot_20190725132322.pngWeChat Screenshot_20190725132243.png

Alrythmond
Helper I
Helper I

Hi there try this

File > Options and Settings > Options >Report settings (bottom left) > Check 'Use the modern visual header with updated styling options'

Anonymous
Not applicable

(: There sure is!

1. File
  2. Options and Settings
  3. Options
  4. Report settings (bottom left)
  5. Check 'Use the modern visual header with updated styling options'

See pic. Hope this helps 🙂

remove header.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome You saved lot of timeSmiley Happy

Awesome this works!

Sander_b
Frequent Visitor

Is this fixed? I cannot find the right answer to this question or is it still in progress?

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I already reported this issue internally, will keep you updated once I get any updates.

Thanks,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for this! My manager just asked me to remove that wierd space above the visual - but - can't be done 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@tazmon95 I completely agree - wastes a lot of space!!! You can never place on the very top of the page.

If its not on top of the page I end up overlapping with other visualizations to get them closer to each other

so I have room to fit more stuff on the page.

If you want create an Idea about this - I'll vote for this!

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Click on visual, on left hand side, paintbrush, turn off Title?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smoupre,

I want the title bar but I want to put it against the top of the page, not have a blank bar taking up 25 units on top of every vizualization.  As Sean said, I end up overlapping many of my charts to conserve space but then there's the issue of which chart you are cliking on when their space overlaps.  I personally think the Title and the Focus and Menu buttons don't need their own lines and can be combined.

I'll create an idea for this if no one knows a way to do this already.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous Yes absolutely true when you ovelap you end up selecting wrong visualizations.

You have to use from the Format tab => Send to Back / Bring to Front to be able to select the right Visualization.

You should definitely create an Idea but I just don't see them giving any priority to this any time soon (but you never know)

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can remove the bar by disabling the Visual Header option. But any it will show in Power BI desktop after publishing the report into Power BI service it won't show.

@Sean wrote:

@Anonymous Yes absolutely true when you ovelap you end up selecting wrong visualizations.

You have to use from the Format tab => Send to Back / Bring to Front to be able to select the right Visualization.

You should definitely create an Idea but I just don't see them giving any priority to this any time soon (but you never know)

But as soon as you click on one of the elements that is in the back it brings it forward, so now when you want to uncheck the one above, it is the same problem once again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the March update it is now possible to hide the header when in Power BI Service (only view mode). But this option is set in PBI Desktop (always in edit mode).
But when it is hidden in PBI Service, I can no longer create a panel. Is there another way to pin the object to a panel when the header is hidden?

File - Options - Current File - Report Settings: Tick the 'Use the Modern Visual Header with updated styling options' box

Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.